Is Corporate Agribusiness Killing Us?
A new strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), once found only in pigs, now accounts for more than 20 percent of all human MRSA infections in the Netherlands.The heavy use of antibiotics in industrialized livestock operations can account for resistant bacteria, such as MRSA. The new strain of MRSA, known as NT-MRSA, has so far primarily affected pig farmers and cattle farmers, and regions of the Netherlands with high densities of pig and cattle farms. The new strain has a high hospitalization rate, and can make people severely ill.The Union of Concerned Scientists has estimated that 70 percent of all the antibiotics used in the United States are used as livestock feed additives. The United States does not systematically test pigs, cattle, and other food animals for MRSA, despite almost 100,000 annual MRSA infections in the United States, of which almost a fifth are fatal.
Organic Consumers Association December 6, 2007
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Is Corporate Agribusiness Killing Us?
Sunday, December 23, 2007
THE HEALING CODES changed the lives of thousands of people around the world
Thousands Have Gotten Sick from Gardasil HPV Vaccine
Gardasil, the cervical cancer vaccine recommended for girls as young as 12 years old, is causing side effects ranging from seizures and numbness to dizzy spells, fainting and paralysis.More than 17 girls a week in Australia have experienced such reactions after receiving the vaccination, but the country’s Department of Health and Aging refuses to release their details.Further, as of November 30, 2007, 496 adverse reaction reports were filed with Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA). Of them, 468 had the cervical cancer vaccine as the sole suspected cause.In the United States, up to 1,700 women have reported adverse reactions from Gardasil, including at least seven deaths.To date, more than 10 million doses of Gardasil have been distributed worldwide.TGA noted that the safety of Gardasil was being monitored by officials in Australia and overseas, and that the adverse reactions are consistent with those expected from any vaccine.
News.com.au December 3, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
ANTIDEPRESSANTS AND VIOLENCE
Antidepressants and Violence
This shocking compilation of video clips will show you the negative side effects of antidepressants. They have caused suicides, violence, and homicidal actions even to the point of school shootings. In addition, they can lead to addiction and withdrawal ...
December 17, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
12 Top Places You Risk Getting Infected
In some cases, you may encounter these places numerous times a day. In others, your exposure will be more sporadic. But either way, the following locations are some of the most germ-infested in the entire United States.
1. Your kitchen sink: With more dirt than a typical bathroom, and over 500,000 bacteria per square inch in the drain, your kitchen sink basin and faucet are teeming with germs.
2. Airplane bathrooms: Never mind the fecal bacteria that’s commonly found on door handles and faucets, the worst part is the tornado of germy particles that’s spewed into the air when you flush the toilet.
3. Wet laundry (even after it’s been washed): A dirty pair of underwear contains about a gram of ***, and this gets spread around the entire load of laundry very quickly. It’s not until you dry the clothes that the germs are destroyed.
4. Drinking fountains: All public drinking fountains are loaded with germs, but those in schools -- which contained anywhere from 62,000 to 2.7 million bacteria per square inch of the spigot -- were the worst.
5. Shopping cart handles: While you’re innocently shopping for groceries, your hands are grasping a handle covered in saliva, bacteria and fecal matter from dozens of people.
6. ATM buttons: Think about how often these buttons are touched everyday. Now think about how often they’re cleaned. This explains why one study found an average of over 1,200 bacteria on the average ATM key.
7. Your handbag: Women, your purse is likely overrun with thousands, and even millions, of bugs like salmonella, E. coli, staph bacteria and more. Makes you think twice about putting your handbag on the floor, and then plopping it down onto your kitchen counter, doesn’t it?
8. Playgrounds: Your typical children’s playground is covered in bodily fluids like blood, mucus, saliva and urine.
9. Mats and machines at health clubs: Yoga mat? Elliptical machine? Think bacteria factory. Such mats and cardio machines have been found to contain antibiotic-resistant staph bacteria and more.
10. Your bathtub: Bathtubs contain more than 100,000 bacteria per square inch, some of which you have just washed off your own body.
11. Your office phone: Phones get coated with germs from your mouth and hands, to the tune of over 25,000 germs per square inch.
12. Hotel-room remote control: This little remote has been used by hundreds of other people, and likely wasn’t thoroughly disinfected in between.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Black Cohosh Stops Breast Cancer Growth
A new laboratory study, published in Phytomedicine, suggests that extracts from black cohosh, an herb most commonly used to reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, may stop breast cancer cells in their tracks. This adds more evidence to a small but growing body of research suggesting that black cohosh could have a use in breast cancer prevention.Black cohosh (Cimicifugae racemosae rhizome), is a perennial plant native to North America, is a member of the buttercup family. It has long been a popular alternative to hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in many countries. In the UK, 9 million days’ worth of black cohosh supplements were purchased in 2004.The inhibition of the growth of breast cancer cells was related to an induction of programmed cell death (apoptosis).
"These results corroborate the results of our previous studies indicating that the growth inhibitory effect of actein or an extract of black cohosh is associated with activation of specific stress response pathways and apoptosis," wrote the researchers, referring to their studies published earlier this year in Anticancer Research and the International Journal of Cancer.Although the results are promising, further research is needed to determine whether the herb can be effectively used as a breast cancer chemopreventive agent.
FoodAndDrinkEurope.com November 13, 2007
Phytomedicine October 31, 2007 [Epub Ahead of Print]
Anticancer Research March-April, 2007;27(2):697-712
International Journal of Cancer November 1, 2007;121(9):2073-83
The 10 Most Insane Medical Practices in History
If you’ve ever questioned whether your doctor really knows what he or she is talking about, these shocking medical practices of years gone by will give you some fodder for your suspicions.Although they may sound unbelievable, these medically approved remedies were at one time all the rage.
1. Children’s soothing syrups. Used for teething and nursing infants, and also to “cure colic, cramps, dysentery, canker sores and pain,” these syrups were “soothing” because they contained morphine, chloroform, codeine, heroin, opium and cannabis.
2. Mercury. This toxic metal that can cause heart and lung problems, psychotic reactions, delirium, tremors, chest pain and more, was used for centuries to treat everything from cuts to constipation.
3. Heroin. If you had a cough in the late 19th century, a dose of heroin would fix it. This now illegal, extremely addictive drug was originally developed and sold by Bayer … as a cough suppressant.
4. Lobotomies. During the first half of the 20th century, lobotomies were used to destroy the prefrontal cortex of the frontal lobe of your brain. (This is the area of your brain that controls thinking, personality traits and decision-making.) They were used for years to treat everything from schizophrenia to depression, anxiety and moodiness -- until it was discovered that it often caused mental retardation.
5. Hard-core diet remedies. In the 1950s and ‘60s, women took diet pills that were made of amphetamines to lose weight.Curious about the other five insane medical practices? The link below has the full list.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Click here to pay by Mobile Phone
Merck Unblinds AIDS Study
Two international trials of Merck & Co. Inc.’s experimental AIDS vaccine were stopped after researchers realized the vaccine did not prevent infection with the AIDS virus.Instead, indications suggest that the vaccine may actually raise the risk of infection, though it cannot cause an HIV infection itself.Now, Merck has announced that it will “unblind” the study, and let the thousands of volunteers know who received the active vaccine and who got a dummy shot.Researchers have begun counseling volunteers that they could now be at a higher risk of contracting HIV.The AIDS vaccine trials were conducted in the United States, Peru, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Australia and South Africa.
Reuters November 13, 2007
Monday, December 03, 2007
Doctors Are Clueless About Medication for Kids
A decade after the U.S. government began trying to ensure that prescription drugs used to treat children are safe, doctors still have very little information to guide them.
For many years, the testing of drugs on children was regarded as unnecessary and unethical, but this resulted in medications being given to children with no testing at all. In 1997, the FDA Modernization Act gave companies six extra months to sell a drug without competition if they studied it in children, and the 2003 Pediatric Research Equity Act authorized the FDA to require companies to test new drugs on children before they are approved for sale.
But even today, about two-thirds of the thousands of medications given to children remain untested on them.
What little has been discovered thus far has been troubling. A highly effective adult migraine drug turned out to be worthless in children, and sometimes caused serious side effects such as strokes. An asthma inhaler could stunt children's growth, and a narcotic patch routinely used to relieve pain could cause fatal overdoses.
Washington Post November 23, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
How Cell Phones May Cause Autism
Rates of autism, a disabling neurodevelopmental disorder, have increased nearly 60-fold since the late 1970s, with the most significant increases occurring in the past decade.The cause of autism is unknown, although theories include such potential causes as:
Inability to clear heavy metals
Increased vulnerability to oxidative stress
Environmental exposures including mercury preservatives in vaccines
Trans-generational accumulation of toxic heavy metalsNow a groundbreaking new theory has been suggested by a study published in the Journal of the Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine: electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from cell phones, cell towers, Wi-Fi devices and other similar wireless technologies as an accelerating factor in autism.EMR May be the Missing LinkThe study, which involved over five years of research on children with autism and other membrane sensitivity disorders, found that EMR negatively affects cell membranes, and allows heavy metal toxins, which are associated with autism, to build up in your body. Meanwhile, the researchers pointed out that autism rates have increased concurrently along with the proliferation of cell phones and wireless use.EMR, the researchers say, could impact autism by facilitating early onset of symptoms or by trapping heavy metals inside of nerve cells, which could accelerate the onset of symptoms of heavy metal toxicity and hinder therapeutic clearance of the toxins .Speaking in reference to the huge rise in autism rates, Dr. George Carlo, the study’s co-author, said, “A rise of this magnitude must have a major environmental cause. Our data offer a reasonable mechanistic explanation for a connection between autism and wireless technology.”
They also suggest that EMR from wireless devices works in conjunction with environmental and genetic factors to cause autism.
Primary researcher for this article is Tamara Mariea. Her clinic is called Internal Balance™ Inc. is a State-of-the-Art Detoxification Clinic (http://www.internalbalance.com/) located in the Nashville, TN area. Their objective is to provide high quality and current up-to-date information on the hottest topics in the natural health industry including sound advice on how to implement a personal wellness and detoxification program that works.
One of the most successful programs offered at Internal Balance is the unique strategies implemented for autistic children. In working backward through the autistic child’s life, making changes to their environment, diet and implementing State-of-the-Art detoxification strategies, the Internal Balance team has witnessed numerous changes and improvements in the lives and families of these children. In a few cases, they have witnessed miracles that have changed lives forever, including Mariea’s team. Parents consistently report back that during and after the detoxification process and most importantly after making modifications to their home, they see huge changes in their children’s developmental progress and a decrease in the children’s general sensory discomfort.
Although Mariea believes that autism is a complicated condition that must have several factors at play for a child to fall to this diagnosis, she does believe that the three largest factors at play are
Genetically determined detoxification capacity
Early insult to immune system via contaminated vaccines and
Being born with high levels of toxic burden and into a technologically advanced society riddled with ever increasing levels of radiation
Wireless Radiation in the Etiology and Treatment of Autism (PDF Download Page)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
The Deadly Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill
Long-term use of birth control pills may increase artery buildups in your body that may raise your risk of heart disease, Belgium researchers found.In a study of 1,300 healthy women between the ages of 35 and 55, there was a 20 percent to 30 percent increased prevalence of plaque for every 10 years of oral contraceptive use.Though the researchers pointed out that the plaques identified were small and not large enough to block an artery, any plaque is thought to raise your risk of heart disease. Many of the women in the study had used older, first-generation birth control pills, which had twice the estrogen levels as most oral contraceptives used today.About 100 million women worldwide currently take birth control pills, and hundreds of millions of women have used them since they were first introduced in 1960.
American Heart Association Conference November 6, 2007, Orlando, Florida
Yahoo News November 6, 2007
Do You Know the Dangerous Chemicals in Common Baby Products?
The Environmental Working Group is again sharing shocking news. After surveying 3,300 parents, comparing the baby products they use to lists of chemicals known to cause allergies, hormone disruption, damage to the nervous system, and cancer, the group found that children are exposed to 27 chemical ingredients on a daily basis that have never been assessed for safety. Not by the industry, nor by the government. Dr. Rebecca Sutton, the environmental scientist who conducted the study, points out that:
2 bromo, 2 nitropropane, and 3-DIOL create allergies and skin irritations, and in certain products can break down to form new cancer causing agents
Desitin diaper cream contains sodium borate, which can collect in your child’s brain and liver, causing detrimental health effects
Sunscreen with oxybenzone can trigger allergies, and disrupts your delicate hormone system
Surprisingly, 89 percent of products labeled “Recommended by doctor” are actually some of your worst offenders, containing what Dr. Sutton considers dangerous chemicals.
Manufacturers have responded with the following statement from the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association: "Companies utilize a complex, multi-tiered scientific approach to extensively evaluate the safety of individual ingredients and finished products. These processes can take many months to several years to complete and utilize the expertise of leading chemists, toxicologists, biologists, dermatologists and experts from other scientific disciplines and medical specialty areas."
Environmental Working Group October 31, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
CANCER UPDATE - PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT
Cancer Update from John Hopkins
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the etectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and preventedfrom multiplying and forming tumours.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9 When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult todestroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains,seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment.About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts)and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine.Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence,Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
(PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT) CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U S - PLEASE READ
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters.
This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well.
chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain thishealth hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Merck Unblinds AIDS Study
Merck plans to tell thousands of people who volunteered to test an experimental AIDS vaccine whether they received the actual shot or a placebo. The vaccine may have actually raised the risk of HIV infection.
Two international trials of the vaccine were halted in September after it became clear that the vaccine did not prevent infection. In early November, researchers saw worrying indications that the vaccine could raised the risk of HIV infection, although they have asserted that the vaccine itself could not cause an infection.
In many tests of new drugs, neither the researchers nor the volunteers know who gets the actual drug and who gets a placebo, in order to avoid any bias in determining how well the treatment works.
Reuters November 13, 2007
Flying and Blood Clots: A Deadly Risk
Blood clots have been linked to air travel for more than 50 years, but a new study of business travelers confirms the risk. Those who fly four hours or more triple their risk of developing clots.
DVT, or Deep Vein Thrombosis, occurs when a blood clot forms within the large deep veins of the body. If untreated, part of the clot may break off and travel to the lungs, where it can cause a pulmonary embolism, which is potentially fatal.
The risk increases with factors such as the duration of a flight, the number of flights in a short period, obesity, oral contraceptive use, and hormone replacement therapy. A combination of these factors can increase risk twenty to fifty times.
Commercial compression stockings are only effective as a preventive measure if they are custom fit -- otherwise, they may actually cause more harm by blocking blood flow.
New York Times November 6, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
A Toy Contaminated With 'Date-Rape' Drug
U.S. safety officials have recalled more than 4 million of the popular Chinese-made Aqua Dots bead toys. The toy's coating contains a chemical that, when swallowed, converts into the toxic drug GHB, or gamma-hydroxy butyrate.
At high doses, GHB can cause comas, seizures, and hypotonia, a condition in which all muscles become very flaccid. It has gained notoriety in recent decades from its use as a “date rape” drug.
The toys, aimed at children 4 years and older, have been selling in the U.S. retail as "Aqua Dots" and in Australia as "Bindeez Beads."
The toy was named toy of the year in Australia, and recently made Wal-Mart's list of top 12 Christmas toys.
CNN November 8, 2007
A Drug That Quadruples Your Risk of Fatal Bleeding
Prasugrel, an experimental anticlotting drug from Eli Lilly reduces the risk of heart attacks when compared with the common drug Plavix in experimental trials. But it also increases your risk of fatal bleeding by an astonishing 400 percent.
In spite of this, Lilly and Daiichi Sankyo, the drug’s co-developer, say that they are “pleased” with the results of the trials. They plan to apply for FDA approval for the drug as early as the end of 2007, which means it could be on the market by the end of 2008.
Dr. Tim Anderson, a former emergency room doctor and current drug industry analyst, was skeptical of Prasugrel. Although it has better efficacy, he noted that, “... higher bleeding, including fatal bleeding -- it’s a question mark, a serious question mark, both regulatory and commercial.”
Nonetheless, if Prasugrel is approved, worldwide sales could reach $1.6 billion a year by 2012
New York Times November 5, 2007
Friday, November 09, 2007
The Deadly Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill
Oral contraceptives, especially the high-estrogen ones sold decades ago, might increase the chances of artery buildups that can raise the risk of heart disease, according to a new Belgian study. About 16 million American women are presently taking ...
Dandruff is Caused by Scalp Fungus!
Dandruff has been blamed on a multiplicity of causes, including dry skin, oily skin, too much or too little hair washing, diet, stress or hygiene. However, the real cause of dandruff is actually a yeast-like fungus, Malassezia globosa, which ...
Fluoride Damages Your Brain!
1) Fluoride's ability to damage the brain represents one of the most active areas of research on fluoride toxicity today. 2) The research on fluoride and the brain has been fueled by recent human studies from China finding elevated levels of fluoride ...
Another Victory Over Big Pharma! Bayer Withdraws its Deadly Heart Surgery Drug
Pressured by drug regulators from around the world, Bayer announced today that it had agreed to withdraw its controversial heart surgery drug Trasylol after a Canadian study found that it may increase the risk of death. The Food and Drug Administration ...
Monday, November 05, 2007
While foreign companies manufacture as much as 80 percent of all ingredients used by American drug makers, the drug agency’s record keeping is so poor that it cannot say which of those have not been inspected, according to the testimony before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations.
New York Times November 2, 2007
Reuters November 1, 2007
People who suffer from anxiety from stressful life situations may be more likely to experience sleep disturbances for at least the first six months after the event, according to a study published in the November 1 issue of the journal SLEEP.The study, ...
Sunday, October 28, 2007
FDA Panel Urges Ban on Children's Cold Medicine
A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel voted Friday to ban popular over-the-counter cold products intended for children under the age of 6.
The panel found there was no proof that the medicines eased cold symptoms in children, while there are rare reports that they have caused serious harm.
If put into practice, the ban could transform pharmacy shelves and change the way parents cope with the most common illness in young children.
New York Times October 20, 2007
Drugs and Diseases, Not Aging, are the True Causes of Sleep Problems for the Elderly
“Older people complain more about their sleep; they just do,” said Dr. Michael Vitiello, a sleep researcher who is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the University of Washington. And for years, sleep scientists thought they knew ...
These Drugs Will Make You Deaf, As Well As Blind
Seven months after the first indication that erectile dysfunction drugs can cause deafness, the FDA has issued a warning and revised the labels of Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra.In April of this year, the Journal of Laryngology & Otology published a case report by two researchers at an Air Force hospital in Bangalore, India. A 44-year-old man had suddenly lost his hearing after taking Viagra for 15 days. Since then, other cases have been reported. For most victims, the effects appear to be permanent.
Wired October 21, 2007
DrugResearcher.com October 22, 2007